We’re still swimming away at Goldfish Swim School and loving every minute of it! Little Johnny has been learning so much (and so have my husband and I!) 😉 We have been attending every Thursday for the past 2 months and it has adapted into our weekly routine very nicely! We even attended their Grand Opening event, which we really enjoyed our “family swim time” along with meeting the famous “Bubbles”!
So far Little Johnny is learning to:
- become comfortable in the water
- kicking with barbell (unassisted)
- pulling paddle swim with face in (unassisted)
- conditioning with water in face
- breath control in underwater dip (5 seconds with assistance)
- superman glide (unassisted)
- wall hold (assisted)
- crab walk (assisted)
- climb out of water (assisted)
- underwater jump and turn back to wall (assisted)
- underwater dip and rollover, front to back (assisted)
- relaxed in back float position (assisted)
(This is a sponsored post, but as always my opinions are my own.)
Mostly right now Little Johnny is learning about safety skills, especially how to easily get out of the water. (elbow, elbow, tummy, knee, knee) He is still in the Mini 2 lessons and it has been so nice to be able to attend as a family. My husband and I switch off with participating with Little Johnny in the pool. I look forward to our Thursday morning swim classes! Every time we walk into the building we are always greeted with smiles and a very warm welcoming! They even know Little Johnny by name and immediately interact with him, which is so comforting as parents!
Let’s “dive into” our 5 Reasons we LOVE
Goldfish Swim School!
- They are always concerned about safety 1st! (especially with the infant/toddler classes)
- Friendly Environment– ALWAYS greeted with smiles
- Swim Instructors are very supportive– If you’re child seems to be struggling with a specific skill they instructors are right there to provide assistance and tools in order for them to advance in that area
- We LOVE the songs that are incorporated– It’s a fun environment when we are learning skills to the tune of children’s songs.
- They teach the parents too! – Every lesson my husband and I learn something new we can incorporate with Little Johnny when he is in contact with water. Also, for older kids at the end of each lesson they bring the parents in and have the kids show them what skills were taught! I love the collaboration involved with all the adults!
A snippet about our most recent experience…
Last swim class Little Johnny had a hard time floating on his back. The swim instructors stepped right in and adapted to the situation with providing “tools” to help make him more comfortable. They gave him a mirror that we held up so he could see himself floating, which seemed to help. The instructor also took over to see if Johnny would do better with them. It was so comforting as a parent to see the support offered by the instructors.
My husband and I made a short video to document Little Johnny’s first experience with swim lessons, and we wanted to take this opportunity to share it with you!
Having FUN while learning to swim!
If you’re like me and enjoy kids activities that have “themes” to them, you’ll really like the fact that Goldfish Swim School has monthly celebrations that they incorporate into the lessons along with the kiddos getting a “prize” for the month.
Here’s a fun article about their monthly celebrations!
Just this past month the theme was “Celebrate Animals” and all the swimmers received a float toy which was the Goldfish Swim School mascot, “Bubbles”. Little Johnny loved it and actually started saying “bubbles” for the first time!
The BIG question…Is it really worth the money?
We all know that as parents we have to closely watch where we spend our money related to lessons or kids activities, especially since there are so many out there! I mean we work hard for it, right? So, I’m sure we can all agree that we want validation that the money we are spending is actually going to benefit our children. Are you still unsure about the cost, and wondering if it’s “really worth spending the money for swim lessons?” Well, I honestly believe that this is an investment in your child’s future. They will truly “thank you” for providing them with this type of learning opportunity where they won’t grow up afraid of water, and as they get older they will have more confidence in knowing that they can swim. Below you will find a short post I found helpful that provides more details about the Top 5 Reasons Goldfish Swim School is worth the money.
We enjoy our experiences at Goldfish Swim School and would love for others to join us! Remember they specialize in infant & children’s swim lessons. If you want more information you can visit my two previous posts listed below!
And of course, make sure to visit their social media accounts and show some love by following them for updates! 🙂
Wishing you well,