I hope everyone had a wonderful Father’s Day! We ended up going to the beach in the late afternoon for only about an hour before the storm came in. We finished our day with delicious cheeseburgers that Big John grilled out! They were seriously the tastiest cheeseburgers we have made at home! Recently I shared a video to my facebook page where Gordon Ramsay takes you through the steps of grilling the perfect hamburger! I seriously suggest that you try this one day, you won’t regret it!
And of course dessert was a must, so I thought root beer floats would be a delicious way to end the day! (which, it was!)
Now, let’s talk about this rain in Orlando, shall we?! I know we needed it since we were in a huge drought! But man, it can stop anytime now. As Floridians, we need our sunshine and beautiful weather (hence, a huge reason why we moved down here!) These past few weeks Little Johnny and I have done a lot more indoor activities at home because it’s been just too wet to get out and go anywhere. I decided to put together a list of 10 activities to do inside (and at home) with your little one. These are easy ones and you can save this to pull out when you’re needing something quick to refer to! (Don’t worry, I’ve got you covered!) 🙂
- pull out the play dough (or make your own) add sticks or straws Little Johnny loved this and so far we have done it twice! We use the sticks to build things or just poke holes through the play dough.
- have a picnic in the living room and watch their favorite movie! Thanks to momexploresorlando for the idea! Make sure to check her page for fun activities around Orlando that she explores!
- If it’s not thundering and lightening outside, put on your rain boots and grab an umbrella to go and splash in the puddles. Little Johnny now has an obsession with umbrellas! Due to being in such a drought, we haven’t used one in a long time until just recently. The moment I opened the umbrella he thought it was hilarious and wanted to play with it…why not, right?!
- Go on “virtual field trips” with the help of YouTube! So far Little Johnny and I have been to an aquarium and the zoo! 😉
- Build a fort and read books! This was a fun one and kind of a “spare of the moment” activity for us. I was in the middle of making our bed and Little Johnny kept pulling off the sheets, so I decided to build a fort and we got under and read his library books. We even put pillows under there. It was fun and so much laughter was heard throughout the house!
- Go on a color hunt in the house! Get different colored construction paper and lay it on the floor. Grab a bucket and have your little one go through the house finding items of that color and place them on the construction paper with the corresponding color. We haven’t done this one yet, but it sounds fun (plus educational!) Here’s the source where I found the idea!
- Get a large butcher paper or brown wrapping paper and roll it out on the floor to paint or color on!
- Blow up balloons and have your little one practice their cordination with keeping it off the ground. You can even create a paddle using paper plates and a spoon to use for hitting the ball. They can decorate it too! (Source )
- Make face magnets from old magazines! This sounds so much fun and I love upcycling things! Can’t wait to try this with Little Johnny. If you want to extend the activity you can even go on a hunt for shapes and cut them out! Click here for the link.
- And of course there is always paint! If you don’t want to have a mess, then bring it into the bathtub. Put on some fun music and have your little one paint away!
Paint rocks and write a message or prayer on it to mail out to someone. That will definitely bring sunshine to someone’s day!
Do you have any fun rainy day activities to add to the list?
Wishing you well,