As a DIY gal you always tend to have a bunch of unused mason jar lids lying around. Recently I was researching on how to reuse them, and the idea of coasters popped up. If you’re looking for a fun way to be creative, but just don’t have much time to dedicate, let me just say…I’m pretty sure this project was meant for you! No tools, paint, nails, or screws are required. This one is easy peasy folks!
DIY for busy mamas.
If you have been following along for a while now, you will know this is project #3 from my Orchard Supply Hardware DIY shopping haul. I have it linked for you right here just in case you missed it! =)
- hot glue gun
- cork board
- mason jar lid
- stamp (I choose to go with a monogram look)
- acrylic paint (or ink pad that is waterproof)
- paint brush, only if you’re not using an ink pad
1.Take the inside part of your mason jar lid and use that to trace a circle on the cork board using the sharpie. Then cut it out.
2. Use your hot glue gun to glue the two pieces of the mason jar lid together.
3. Take your cut out cork board circle and hot glue the side that you want to place on the lid. You may need to push down a little in order for the cork to fit.
4. This part is optional, but I choose to use a stamp and add a little monogram to the coaster. I just used black acrylic paint.
Wishing you well,
Happy Mama, Happy Wife, Happy Life