Beach days are fast upon us, and this “winter” in Orlando has been quite mild. While my mom, Larry, & Lester were visiting we enjoyed two beach days at the beautiful serene Ponce Inlet, Florida, which is near Daytona Beach.(And yes, it was in the month of February, can you believe it?!) I wasn’t going to let them go back to Wisconsin without visiting the beach! Think sound of ocean waves, the smell of sea salt in the air, & that sun just beaming down. Get the picture? (it was still a little chilly, around 71 degrees, BUT it was still a wonderful adventure.)
We actually enjoyed our beach visit at the Lighthouse Point Park, which is a dog friendly beach (sad to say Big John had to work on our first visit, and then the second visit Johnny was sick, which Big John was so kind to stay home and take care of him while I enjoyed time with my mom, Larry, & Lester) . What I like about this park is the privacy. It’s not as busy as your actual public beach. It’s a perfect place for little ones becuase it’s not as wide open as most beaches, plus the waves aren’t nearly as high.
(Side note: Absolutely no editing needed for any of my pictures. It was that beautiful.)
- dog friendly
- pavilions available
- you can bring in food and coolers for a picnic
- bathrooms available (no changing tables/showers)
- many people fish off the shoreline
- beutiful boardwalk
- small town feel
- family friendly beach
- walk down the board walk and your next to the public beach
- cost is $10 per day (with 1 re-entry) They do except credit/debit cards.
- nearby there you can tour and climb the Ponce De Leon Inlet Lighthouse & Museum
- there is also a nearby restaurant that is also dog friendly
Who’s ready for a beach day? If you don’t live in Orlando, but plan to visit definitely choose this for your beach destination!
Wishing You Well,