Pillow cases are such an easy quick fix to switching up your decorative style. They also add a great “pop” of color to your decor. I have been wanting to add new pillow cases in my living room, but they tend to be expensive, PLUS I always thought it would fun to make my own. Here’s the problem…I don’t have a sewing machine. So I searched and searched for a “no sew” pillow. I found some where you did this crazy knotted tie in the front, but I figured I would probably have a “Pinterest Fail” with that! Then, I came across this GENIUS idea!
canvas bag+pillow stuffing+hot glue gun= NO SEW pillow case
I bought everything at Hobby Lobby for about $12 to make 2 pillow cases, plus I still have stuffing leftover to make another one!
Best part is this took about 10 minutes for me to make 2 pillows because it’s pretty much already done for you! Just add the stuffing and glue the top!
No Sew Pillow Case
- canvas tote (these worked out perfectly because I love polka dots, and the simple word “hello”, plus gold is a wonderful touch!) I bought these at Hobby Lobby, but any canvas tote will do.
- hot glue gun
- binder clips (not pictured)
1. cut the handles off the bag.
2. fill the bag with stuffing, make sure to stuff your corners first
3. take your top seam and fold down, then start to hot glue together
4. as you are hot gluing use binder clips to keep the areas you glued in tact while they dry
5. once you get to a small opening left, put a little more stuffing in
Wahlah! That’s it, you now have beautiful pillows to add within your home decor!
I always love hearing from people, so feel free to share your insights in the comments below! You can also share this post with anyone else and follow me on my facebook page, as well as instagram. Thank you so much for taking the time to read!
Wishing You Well,
Happy Mama, Happy Wife, Happy Life