Happy DIY Friday my friends! The part of the week that I truly look forward to, and not just because it’s a Friday! Creating DIY projects is like therapy for me. It relaxes me and I feel in the zone. Anyone else with me? DIYing (yes, I just made it a verb!) 😉 can get expensive at times. This week I focused on one of the most simplistic & cheapest Fall centerpiece (and guess what? I bought everything at the Dollar Store). Follow along as I take you through the steps of DIYing a Fall inspired centerpiece. Wait until you hear how much I paid for this whole project!
~glass vase, ~ your choosing of artificial flowers, ~1 bag of artificial acorns, ~1 bag of orange sparkly Fall decor, ~your choosing of fabric (cut to fit around the rim of your vase), ~acrylic glue
- put the acorns in the vase first, then arrange the sparkly Fall decor items
- put a good size amount of acrylic glue on both ends of the fabric piece (in the picture it only shows one end, but I learned to do both)
- place the fabric piece on the rim of the vase and wrap it around so the two ends meet
- I took my 3 artificial flowers and sort of intertwined them together so that way it looked more natural, I also bent the flowers in different directions [see picture below]
- Finally put the flowers in the vase, and find a pretty area to display it!
Below are just a few side tips I learned through the process of creating this, what’s that saying “learn as you go” yeah that’s what happened here, but it turned out fabulous! There really isn’t a right or wrong way, whatever works for you!
[If you want to attach the fabric piece to the vase before you add the decorative items inside, that’s probably better now that I think of it. Also, you can put acrylic glue around the whole rim of the vase to make it more secure]
Okay, are you ready for the big price reveal?! This DIY project cost me a total of $6.00!! (plus tax) I already had the fabric and glue, everything else was purchased for $1.00 at the Dollar Store! I bet you if you walked into my house and saw it, you would think I purchased it already made from a designer store, NO JOKE!
Now, go surprise your friends and make your own! They will be amazed that you were the creator in this fun Fall Inspired Centerpiece Decor! It’s Fall Y’all!
I always love hearing from people, so feel free to share your insights in the comments below! You can also share this post with anyone else and follow me on my facebook page, as well as instagram. Thank you so much for taking the time to read!
Wishing You Well,
Happy Wife, Happy Mama, Happy Life